In loving memory . . .
Watch your thoughts and when they are anything other than compassionate, change them! ~ Dr. Wayne Dyer ~
Source: Change Your Thoughts!
“When we are connected to higher energies, in truth,
every single difficulty we have on this planet,
every single disease, every problem, is a reflection of
where we have denied
or blocked the flow of energy from Source.
And even though it shows up as this or that disease in our body,
or this problem or that problem, and things are out of balance,
it is all part of the play that reflects our connection to Source.”
~ Gregory Hoag ~
My theme the last few weeks has been centered on thoughts. It seems every where I turn, I am feeling the connection of how our thoughts influence our lives. Thoughts are the connection of Source through Us. They are the flow that comes from within and can stir up negative or positive emotions.
When we connect with Source from within, we are more balanced and loving. We have less stress, less negative emotions and less unhealthy thoughts that create chaos in our lives. Everything changes. Energy changes and flows abundantly; we are centered and focused. From that point our potential for change happens and energy comes to the surface instead of being covered with negativity, fear, dis-ease and unhappiness.
And this is your choice. You can connect to Source and the positive energy or you can stay in the same situation that you are and have been for years. Your choice is that you can connect to every opportunity that comes your way. You can connect with drama and fear or love and abundance.
Hanging on to the past and the old self filled with dis-ease and painful emotions only brings fear and unhappiness. It’s the same old, same old. Bringing true happiness into your life has to come from within. Clear the path. Re-program your life and start anew. Allow those old beliefs to dissolve and get out of your life for good.
Yes, there will be challenges but in the end you will find out who you really are. It will be easier to go with the flow of life and accept changes while making the right decisions of how to be happy and in alignment with Source and your true self. You will come out shining like the brightest star that you are meant to BE.
When you stop and think about it, negative thoughts are simply things that you don’t want. Positive thoughts are about what you do want. So which do you focus on more . . . the positive or the negative? For most people, it’s the negative, without a doubt. We are addicted to thinking about negative things. The words of sabotaging self-talk that we say to ourselves, rethinking unhappy events and memories of the past and the images that come up in our minds are all examples of negative thoughts. We do it without even thinking twice about it.
We judge everything and anything with negative thoughts. We focus on what we don’t like about ourselves, yet strive to be perfect, which is just another way of saying that we are self-judging. Then we rationalize these negative thoughts and give ourselves permission to continue to think on them, which only creates more self-doubt and negative thoughts about the things we don’t want. Our negative thoughts then put us in a bad mood and everyone around us keeps their distance. We worry about trivial things while telling ourselves stories in our heads that we know aren’t true.
“Worry is like a rocking chair: it give you something to do
but never gets you anywhere.”
~ Erma Bombeck ~
So, instead of directing our thinking into negative, fear-based paths, or being overwhelmed at any given moment, let us be aware and open the door of change. If you suffer from depression, stop and do a reality check as to what you are saying to yourself in your head. First, stop focusing on what you DON’T want, then change your thought patterns and focus on what you DO want.
If a thought makes you feel bad, sad, angry or conjures up some emotions that bring in fear, jealousy or a numb feeling, then it is a negative thought. Your feelings guide your thoughts inside and out. Step outside yourself and feel what you are feeling. Feel the emotions that you are experiencing. Pay attention to your ego and what is going on with it. When you focus on what is wrong, you miss the true purpose of turning it into a positive solution.
Be the Master of your mind.
Your life is only as good as your thoughts.
- Negative thoughts are like reading a chapter of a book over and over. You never get to the next chapter or get on with the plot. It’s time to turn the page, or better yet, start another book. And that takes courage to think empowering thoughts instead of the negative ones that have been with your for years and years. Just remember, it is your ticket for getting yourself out of your funk and stop reinforcing the same old belief systems. You and only you have the choice to think what you want.
- Next, take responsibility for your thought. Become aware of every thought that goes through you head. Then focus on the solution. Instead of thinking of the negative aspect of a thought or situation, turn it into a positive thought.
- Let go of the negative thoughts, become aware of them and you will be surprised how you life will change. Stop the “shoulds” and the “buts” and the “I can’ts” and the excuses and allow yourself to think positive thoughts.
- A very important thing to do through all of this is to eliminate negative and toxic people from your life. Stick with the positive people and those that make you feel good. Learn to set your own boundaries and not allow negative conversation, gossip, drama or judgmental talk about another person or situation.
- Read inspirational and self-help books, watch YouTube videos or listen to uplifting music. This helps you feel better about yourself and instills the positive instead of the negative.
- Love yourself and be kind to yourself. When you practice positive thoughts, you will feel better and then wait til you see how your day unfolds. Look for the good in others too. It will change your perspective of everything and everyone when you look deeper than just the superficial layer of thoughts.