Here’s ten ways to get your day off to a good start …
3. Set your intention for the day. Starting your day out with a positive affirmation makes all the difference in the world. Recall that intention during the day. Start by being grateful for something every day.
4. Meditate for at least 10 minutes before you begin your day, even before your morning coffee or tea. Does your mind start to randomly jump from one thought to another when you awaken? That’s called the “monkey mind”. When you start your day off with your breath in the morning, you are more aware of your thoughts and have the ability to keep your monkey mind thoughts in check. You can control your thoughts and enhance your awareness.
5. Go outside and breath in the fresh air. Take a morning walk or run and get your body moving. I find that if I don’t do this in the morning, I won’t do it any time during the day. I make excuses like now it’s too hot or I get busy with my daily routines. Moving in the morning helps get your day off to a good start and you will feel more energized throughout the day.
6. Use your morning shower to not only cleanse your body but your mind as well. Focus on positive thoughts and be aware of the water pressure stimulating the muscles of your body. Be aware of the warmth and be thankful for all you have been blessed with.
7. Fuel your body with a good breakfast, not loaded with sweets but with high protein and some fruit. And don’t forget to take your vitamins. Put your health first. Eat healthy and organic all through the day.
8. Journal your thoughts. Start a journal and write down your first thoughts of the day. Then, write a check list of the things you want to accomplish during the day.
9. Do something special for yourself each day. You are worth it. Don’t be so hard on yourself. Some days will be harder than others. Once you start a routine or practice it will come naturally to you and you will feel the benefits. Keep practicing.
10. Commit to the process. Do these things for 21 days and it will become second nature to you. Be patient with yourself.
“The world we have created is a product of our thinking; it cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
~ Albert Einstein ~